Monday, August 1, 2011

18 Again!

This one's for sale. I thought maybe there would be a pop cultural irony sorta revival with making an "18 Again!" button. That maybe some hipster would buy it, pin it to their fanny pack and clumsily run off in their water shoes to meet up with their buddies at the nearest watering hole. Ha, I didn't realize til I ended that sentence that I said "water" twice. Just insert another snappy term for a bar (alcohol joint).

In Hollywood's grand tradition of running out of ideas, they decided to remake "18 Again!" for the 2000s (I guess) as "17 Again!" (or its alternate title, "I Want My 17 Dollars Back"). They had then, hot and now (no, not the fast food chain with olive burgers, ew) teen heartthrob, Zac Efron (fresh off "High School Musical" hell) playing the Charlie Schlatter role. Would you believe that Matthew Perry (one of those "Friends" douchebags) is in the George Burns role? My, have things changed since 1988.


Yet another Dickies reference (what a co-inky-dink!), be sure to look for them playing "You Drive Me Ape" in a club scene in "18 Again!". I never saw "17 Again!", so I'm not sure who (if they have one) their counterpart is.

As far as creating this pin's artwork goes, it was pretty simple to alter the poster image for a circle shape.

Upon my little research for this entry, I found this video of these guys who REALLY like the food from "Hot'n'Now".


No comments:

Post a Comment